The Performance Authority established an expert group to provide advice on various aspects of this report. The group did not have a direct role in writing the report. The group members were:
- Associate Professor Brian McCaughan AM (Chairman), Cardiothoracic Surgeon
- Mr James Downie, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Independent Hospital Pricing Authority
- Dr Stephen Duckett, Director, Health Program, Grattan Institute
- Ms Christine Gunson, Consumer Representative
- Ms Jenny Hargreaves, Senior Executive, Hospitals, Resourcing and Classifications Group, Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
- Mr Robert Mackway-Jones, Chief Financial Officer, Metro South Hospital and Health Service
- Dr Andrew Mitchell, Director of Territory Wide Surgical Services, ACT Health
- Mr Lynton Norris, Chief Executive Officer, National Health Funding Body
- Associate Professor Grant Phelps, Associate Professor of Clinical Leadership, Deakin University
- Dr Michael Rasmussen, Clinical Service Director, Women’s & Children’s program, Mercy Health.
About the Authority
© National Health Performance Authority 2016
The National Health Performance Authority licenses use of this report under Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives Licence 3.0, Australia and the terms of this notice.
You are permitted to make fair use of the report consistent with the terms of the licence. You must not make use of the report in a misleading or deceptive manner or in a manner that is inconsistent with the context of the report.
This report is produced for health research, health care and health advocacy purposes. This report is not intended to provide guidance on particular health care choices. You should contact your medical advisors on particular health care choices.
Print ISBN: 978-1-76007-255-1
Online ISBN: 978-1-76007-256-8
Suggested citation: National Health Performance Authority 2016, Hospital Performance: Costs of acute admitted patients in public hospitals from 2011–12 to 2013–14 (In Focus)
Please note that there is the potential for minor revisions of this document.