The Authority established an expert group to provide advice around the clinical and technical aspects of this report. The group did not have a direct role in writing the report. The group was comprised of:
- Associate Professor Eugene Athan, Australasian Society for Infectious Diseases nominee and Department of Infectious Diseases, Barwon Health, Vic
- Dr Craig Boutlis, Infectious Diseases Physician
- Professor Peter Collignon, Infectious Diseases Physician and Microbiologist
- Professor Graeme Nimmo, Director of Microbiology, Pathology Queensland
- Ms Irene Wilkinson, Manager Infection Control Service, SA Health.