This report has benefited from advice from a number of individuals and organisations with interest and expertise in emergency care.
In particular the Authority received advice from its Jurisdictional Advisory Committee and consulted with:
- Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (ACEM)
- Dr Andrew Gosbell, Director of Policy and Research, ACEM
- Associate Professor David Mountain, Fellow, ACEM
- Associate Professor Richard Paoloni, Faculty Chair, ACEM
- Australian College of Emergency Nursing (ACEN)
- Linda Sims, Director of Finance, ACEN
- Matthew Welfare, Board member, ACEN
- College of Emergency Nursing Australasia (CENA)
- Matthew Conaghty, Board Director, CENA
- Shane Lenson, Administrative Director, CENA
- Consumers Health Forum of Australia
- Carol Bennett, Chief Executive Officer
- Anna Greenwood, Senior Policy Manager
- Jo Talbot, Project and Policy Officer
- Expert Panel on the implementation of the elective surgery and emergency access targets under the National Partnership Agreement on Improving Public Hospital Services
- Professor Chris Baggoley, Chair
- Dr Mark Monaghan, Panel member.
- New South Wales Emergency Care Institute (ECI)
- Dr Sally McCarthy, Medical Director, ECI
- Dr Trevor Chan, Director of Emergency, St George Hospital
- Dr Matthew Vukasovic, Director of Emergency, Westmead Hospital
The Authority acknowledges the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare for its role in establishing the MyHospitals website.
This report relies on data provided by state and territory governments. These data were used to calculate the performance measures in this report. The Authority does a number of checks to ensure data quality, and also relies on the data quality work of AIHW done under contract to the Authority. The Authority provides jurisdictions with the opportunity to verify their data.
Thanks are extended to all those who contributed.